Hi Michael,

As far as the Genesis 3D Engine goes I'm still undecided about weather
or not to market it, and if so what features I should add to market
it. However, I suspect if I release it to the general public I'll add
some sort of scripting engine like Angelscript to the engine so that
it would work like BGT.

At the moment though The Genesis Engine is a library, g3d.lib,  that I
can statically link to any C++ project and have instant access to the
API as needed. I've also considered turning g3d.dll into a standard
Windows com component so that it could be incorperated into a game
written in Python, C# .Net, VB .Net, etc with ease. In other words my
approach for Genesis 3D at the moment is to allow people already
experienced in a programming language like Python, C#, or VB to just
plug the engine into a project and have instant access to DirectX,
Sapi, and several class templates for creating basic game objects and
items. Which actually is the primary difference from BGT in my
opinion.

BGT is not really fully object oriented. It is based on the procedural
based programming approach. That's fine, but most professional
programming languages and programmers today use the object oriented
design approach. My Genesis Engine is fully object oriented and like
the .Net Framework I have several core foundation classes for quickly
creating enemies, doors, traps, whatever without having to reinvent
the wheel. Just create an object for what you want and you are in
business.

The other part of the engine is a map drawing tool. Basically, what it
does is it brings up an empty grid or map, and you move to a spot on
the grid say (15, 15) bring up a menu and drop a door, wall, statue,
whatever on that spot, and save the level map to level.dat. That makes
it easier for creating 2d and 3d maps for a game level.

Cheers!