Hi,
I was trying mota beta 21 the other day, and I couldn't figure out how this analog jumping worked. For example, you said that the longer you hold down the keys the farther you jump? Well when I push down control then push down the right arrow, she jumps and lands within about half a second or less, so I don't see how I can control this. And whether I hold it for a long time or a short time, she always seems to land on the other edge of whatever I was jumping over.
Hope someone can help,

-Michael.

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:06 AM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 22 Released

Hi,

No. Analog jumping is a core part of the game. If I got rid of the
analog jumping it would make jumping traps way too easy as well as
give you less control over weather you want to do a hop, short jump,
or a very long jump. Besides that, analog jumping is very common in
mainstream games, and by adding analog jumping I'm in effect creating
something on par with mainstream games. It is a standard feature that
far too many VI audio game developers ignore, but I am trying to
introduce to the audio games community.

As far as difficulty that's different for everyone. I personally don't
think analog jumping is too hard but just takes practice. Of course,
I've been playing mainstream games  with analog jumping for most of my
life so I'm quite familiar with the concept. It might take you some
time to adapt to it. The thing to keep in mind here is that its quite
useful once you get the hang of it.