Hi Dark,

Right. To be honest I've not encountered too many stand alone Flash
games and applications myself. Most of the time the Flash apps and
games I've had dealings with are web based affairs which is where
Flash really shines as an internet technology.

That said, given the cost of Adobe's Flash development tools and IDEs
it is more cost effective to write Java applets and servelets using
the Sun Java JDK. Once upon a time Java was initially a very internet
centered technology, before it became more popular as a general all
purpose programming language. However, it still has a very functional
use as an aplet language able to produce games and other web
applications for far less than Flash.