The more houses you build, the more people you get. And once you reach a certain limit for the houses you have built yoru women will stop becoming pregnant and if you want more people you need to then construct more houses

-----Original Message----- From: Christopher Bartlett
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:07 PM
To: 'Gamers Discussion list'
Subject: [Audyssey] Castaways: increasing the population.

I don't think I've ever gotten a game with over 32 population, the increase
rate seems very slow, even when I make darned sure I have an extra house in
play at all times.  Even with the premies and sweat shop chosen, I'm still
just not generating population very quickly.  Is there something I should
know that I don't?  If I have two extra houses, will my population increase
faster than just one?  Or are people just playing longer, slower games than
I have to get to 45 or more population?

               Chris Bartlett