Hi John.

The problem with "unique2 as a criteria is that while games on audiogames.net do have to be games in their own right and not works in progress, there is nothing that says they have to be unique.

this morning, the gm of a brouser based game turned up, asking for access help and for an entry in the database.

From what I can see, him game, www.loraeon.com looks pretty much the same as
torn city, time hunter, alien adoption agency or a good few other brouser games, fight other players, train stats, get money, buy gear, fight more etc.

however, it'll probably stil get a database entry just as time hunter did siply because it's accessible, that afterall is the criteria.

Providing a link to a mud list is a good idea though, and that's one thing I'll considder. I've done the same thing for if games, providing a link to the format index of the archive on each interpreters' page, so maybe a link to a good mudlist could be provided on the pages of mud clients, thus making it possible for players to search out new muds, and meaning the only ones in the databse will be ones with soundpacks and/or specific access options.

Beware the grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "john" <jpcarnemo...@comcast.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Muds on audiogames.net

Hi Dark,
I don't really play a lot of online games, alteraeon being the exception. Nevertheless, here goes to answer your question: Personally, I'd add entries for muds that have a unique theme and/or style. You might also add muds that have soundpacks, as you're already doing. As a bit of a comprimise, you might consider adding a section in the review where you provide a list where similar muds to the one in the review are listed. This would provide players with a base mud, (the one in the review) but would also givve them a "you might want to try this" list.

Hopefully all this makes sense, I'm not really sure how clear I'm  being.

All the best,
John.