The 2011 Alter Aeon "Cleric Update" is now live! This update contains
a lot of changes to improve traditional cleric spells, add a new mode
of casting for mages, and clean up other spells and skills that have
traditionally not been as awesome as they could be. Here's a list of
the most major changes:
- Mages now have the ability to 'channelcast' (ccast) certain
elemental spells in combat. Channelcasting takes longer than regular
casting, but is interruptible and costs substantially less mana. This
feature allows mages to become a true 'blaster' class without
compromising healing mana.
The channel casting skills are 'fire focusing', 'ice focusing',
'lightning focusing' and 'crystal focusin'. The fire plane is easiest
to reach, and hence it's the lowest level and easiest to channel. The
crystal plane is much harder to reach and only high level mages will
be able to channel from it.
- Added a necromancer spell 'bone dragon', which allows you to fly
around over the landscape.
- Ice imprison and crystal prison have been updated.
- Ward good and ward evil are now more powerful.
- The charm spell has been updated to make it easier to land and to
use control points similar to controlled necromancer minions.
- The peace spell has been improved.
- A level 19 curse, 'overconfidence', has been added.
- A level 19 spell, 'hold undead', has been added.
- A level 28 spell, 'sacred touch', has been added.
- A level 29 spell, 'solace', has been added.
As always, you can use the 'spell find' commands to find the teachers
or trainers for new spells and skills.
For those of you who don't know anything about us, Alter Aeon is a
multiplayer text-based game with a lot of features and settings to
help make it blind-friendly. Over half our playerbase is blind or
visually impaired, and we have blind builders and staff helping to
expand and improve the game.
Everyone is welcome to play, so if you're new to the game feel free to
stop by and check us out. For more information and soundpack
downloads, see our web site at:
Alter Aeon MUD
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.