Hi Thomas,
I'm not sure if you've already thought of this, but you might be able to get some decent horror sounds from the horror folder that accompanies sound forge. I'm not absolutely certain weather or not this comes with the download (my audio studio is the cd version) but I'm of the opinion that some of those might help.

Best of luck,
John.