So... soul calibur 5 is set for release on January 3ast, 2012. I can't wait...
it's about time! Gameplay wise, it'll be at a faster pace than SCIV, and now
has super moves, enhanced attacks, and a couple of new defense-related systems.
The collector's edition comes with a book style case, a soundtrack disc, a
making of dvd, and some character customization equipment exclusives.
Street Fighter x Tekken is coming out on March 6th, 2012. For everyone who
doesn't like the link combos of SF and prefers the chains from MK and MVC,
those will now be in the game as far as is known. It's a tag based game of
course, but there's one crucial difference. In most tag games, both your
characters have to be knocked out to win the match. In SF x Tekken as in Tekken
tag and tekken tag 2, only one member of the team has to be knocked out to end
the round. This means that you have to manage both characters on your team to
avoid losing too much health. SF x tekken also features a gem system. This gem
system works kinda like Magic: the gathering for those who know what it
is.Basically, you can equip gems to change certain stats and give your
character abilities. These include things like power boosts, speed boosts,
autoblocking at the cost of super meter, and others. The trick is, these gems
have to be activated in certain ways... some need you to hit your opponent with
five attacks in a row, hit your opponent with two special moves or throw your
opponent. Even conditions like actually taking damage can be included, which
serves to balance the game. There are a gem that requires you to be hit with
three special moves or something similar. This is all there to make sure the
game isn't broken or unbalanced, so that characters can't have a completely
unfair advantage. The gems also have activation time periods, so once they're
activated, they only last for a short time, like 5-8 seconds. So it is possible
to say equip two power boost gems, but having them activated at once will
probably be difficult if not outright impossible. This adds a whole ton of
strategy to the game, but a lot of tournament-level players are questioning
it... as am I. It looks good on paper, but we'll have to wait and see how it
actually works...
Last but not least is Pandora mode. Pandora mode is basically a comeback
mechanic. If you activate this, your active character will be killed, and you
will transition to your second character. The character now active gets
infinite super meter, as well as a speed boost. Trick is... you only have a
limitted time to kill your opponent, as your character's health bar drains, and
you only have a few seconds to take them down. so this is really a last resort

Well, there's all the news I can think of that's relevant... hope other people
find this helpful... and I look forward to playing these games! There are other
games coming out soon, but those two are the big names... I will pop back with
news of King of Fighters Xiii when I can.