This is remarkably fun, now that I've got it working.  So far, I've managed
7 zombies several times.  Here are some things to consider.

The aiming mode makes perfect sense and affects the sound.  So far, I
haven't gotten the hang of the steering mode, and the idea of both is a bit
confusing.  If you have both on at the same time, which is affected by a
mouse movement?

Directional sound, it's a bit difficult to tell the difference between
zombies ahead and behind you.  I get that the ones in front are louder, but
the difference causes a bit of hesitation, which has killed me from time to
time.  Also, I'm not hearing sounds at all if they're off to one side or the
other, only if they're in a 90-degree cone ahead or behind.

For game play, the shacks could have first aid packs that would, at the cost
of time, allow you to heal, thus prolonging your torture, er game play.

                Chris Bartlett