Hello,

What is starbase orion? Not heard of that one!

Thanks.
Dave.


On 11/21/11, Darren Harris <darren_g_har...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Goodness now you are going back a bit. Speaking of space games am working
> with the developer of starbase orion to make it accessible. He is totally on
> board with it.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 21 Nov 2011, at 13:13, "Jacob Kruger" <jac...@mailzone.co.za> wrote:
>
>> Some of the Dos platform specific ones run alright in dosBox, although
>> haven't really tried to actually play them too much, since still not
>> really too accessible via windows7 and jaws, but, anyway.
>>
>> Haven't really bothered too much, except some of them, like elite, sun
>> tzu's ancient art of war, and the original hobbit interactive fiction game
>> are things I remember from a hell of a long time ago - remember playing
>> them when they first came out, on things like my old commodore 64, and my
>> first ever PC - an old XT, with something like a 20Mb hard drive...<smile>
>>
>> Stay well
>>
>> Jacob Kruger
>> Blind Biker
>> Skype: BlindZA
>> '...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren Harris"
>> <darren_g_har...@btinternet.com>
>> To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
>> Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:09 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Audyssey] space strategy games wasRE:Game conceptsBGT
>> Version1.1 Released!
>>
>>
>>> Yup also you need an emulator in order to run those games.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On 21 Nov 2011, at 10:12, "Jacob Kruger" <jac...@mailzone.co.za> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Yes, sorry, should have mentioned it, but that website, abandonia.com
>>>> generally offers abandonware games etc.
>>>>
>>>> Stay well
>>>>
>>>> Jacob Kruger
>>>> Blind Biker
>>>> Skype: BlindZA
>>>> '...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren Harris"
>>>> <darren_g_har...@btinternet.com>
>>>> To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
>>>> Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 11:49 AM
>>>> Subject: Re: [Audyssey] space strategy games was RE:Game conceptsBGT
>>>> Version1.1 Released!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> They are freeware games now the author has put them up for download so
>>>>> this
>>>>> isn't piracy before anybody asks.
>>>>>
>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org]
>>>>> On
>>>>> Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
>>>>> Sent: 21 November 2011 09:03
>>>>> To: Gamers Discussion list
>>>>> Subject: Re: [Audyssey] space strategy games was RE: Game conceptsBGT
>>>>> Version1.1 Released!
>>>>>
>>>>> You can download a copy of both elite and elite plus from:
>>>>> http://www.abandonia.com/
>>>>>
>>>>> Here are the elite search results:
>>>>> http://www.abandonia.com/en/search_abandonia/elite
>>>>>
>>>>> However, don't think it's accessible at all, but anyway...:)
>>>>>
>>>>> Stay well
>>>>>
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>>> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
>>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>>> http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
>>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
>>> list,
>>> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
>>
>>
>> ---
>> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>> http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
>> list,
>> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
>

---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.

Reply via email to