Hi michael.

roguelike games to give them their ful name are games that use ascii characters as graphics on the screen. So this makes them nearly impossible to play with a screen reader but probably playable if you've got a braill display.

I've had success with Angband and some of it's versions, but that's mostly due to low vision access and a set of large game tyles made available in combination with hal to read the game status messages.

Angband does have some handy features and even a few access aides, such as a curser you can wander around the screen and jump to nearest monster etc, which even now shows the distance and direction from you. if the game had a directional look command it might even be playable without the graphics (ascii or otherwise), but I don't think this has been added yet.

For details see http://rephial.org/ but bare in mind these aren't the most accessible sorts of games available simply because of the use of ascii graphics.

i understand people who own braille displays have had success, but sinse I don't have one, other than Angband with the low vision issue, the other roguelikes I've tried such as Adom nethack and dungeon have not worked out particularly well.

There is an Angband port for Iphone I believe, but again, the lack of braille display may get in the way.

As to rpgs, well the situaton is pretty much the same as when you last asked. Entombed, Airik, and lots of muds and brouser games.

i suggest going and looking at the rpg and gamebooks catagories on audiogames.net for details of brouser games and also gamebooks which might fit the bill.

Hth.

Beware the grue!