Hi Ron,

The generic Microsoft drivers I'm talking about come with Windows 7,
or can be downloaded through Windows update. Basically, all you have
to do is plug the unit in the computer and let Windows 7 plug and play
the right driver for the device. Of course, its helpful to do this
before installing the logitech software as you might have problems
getting this to work now that Windows has the Logitech software
installed.

As for the drivers that came with the unit those would have to be
completely removed else Windows will just plug and play those drivers
and not look for the generic Windows Logitech controller drivers. Keep
in mind though this is a long shot, and may or may not correct your
problem. Just an idea I had of testing if the drivers are what is
screwing up your device.

Cheers!