Hi Dark,

Again, I really think you're misrepresenting Microsoft here. Microsoft
actually spends a huge amount of resources supporting older products.
For example, one of the reasons Windows Vista was delayed as much as
it was is because MS temporarily stopped its development in order to
fix major security problems with Windows XP. If MS really behaved as
you described, they would have just released Vista two years early and
dropped XP. Instead, they've actually extended XP's support to 2014,
ecause they understand that it's very popular. Of course, by then, XP
will be 13 years old. Imagine running Windows 98 today. It wouldn't be
a very pleasant experience. Technology moves on, and we need to at
some point move along with it.

If that's a problem, there are a few DOS operating systems that have
been in development for several decades. Since unlike Windows, DOS
operating systems are very simple, you shouldn't have too many bugs to
worry about...

I'm exaggerating here of course, but if that's the attitude most
people had, we'd still be using teletype machines and command prompts.