If we must upgrade in order to play the newer games, shouldn't we also be able to enjoy the games we've already spent money on?

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Kenny" <alexkenn...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] new technology? Balogna! - Re: plans for an updated Lone Wolf

Hi Charles,

While this has een brue in the past, Windows 7 used fewer system
resources than did Vista, and Windows 8 will use even fewer, as it is
being designed to run on tablets and even phones as well as PC's.

No one is saying you must upgrade to new technology. However, as
previously mentioned, Microsoft does go to great efforts to support
their older technology, much more than companies like Apple or Google,
so we're actually doing a lot better in terms fo Windows XP and VB
support than we would if these products were in the hands of other
tech companies. If you want to stick with old tech, fine. If you want
to use older tech, that's fine. But it's not really fair to make
baseless accusations when it's no longer being supported.

To bring this back on topic, new technology such as XAudio2 and XNA
will allow the creation of better accessible games. Games will
continue getting more complex, and it will eventually get to the point
where an old  XP machine with an old Pentium and 256 MB of RAM just
isn't going to be able to handle a multi-channel, 3D audio
environment, and people will need to upgrade if they want to enjoy
these games.

Another thing about new technology--Microsoft's Windows in particular:  I
buy a computer to do tasks, not to run the operating system. If I have to buy a new PC because my old one doesn't have enough CPU power, it can't be
loaded with enough RAM, the hardware isn't supported by the new OS, and I
need to move along with technology, I will do so. However, 2 years down the road, before the bugs have been worked out of this OS I bought the new PC to be able to operate, Microsoft comes out with a new, more demanding OS. Two years later, another one that is more demanding. Two years later, another one that is more demanding. Before I know it, thanks only to Microsoft, I have another obsolete computer. I need to buy another one to handle the new
technology.  This! is! crap!