Hi Michael,
The problem with this is that broad statements like "add text to the map
screen," don't really explain what you want done. What text do you want added
exactly? How should it read, what should it convey? These aren't easy questions
to answer for a game of this sort, and the practical implementation is probably
not as easy as labeling buttons. The text would have to change dynamically
based on a whole bunch of factors, and even with that ability we'd still not
quite be getting the full experience.
Best,
Zack.