I don't think that release dates should be given, although if an expected, and that is the key word here, dates of release are given, we should be told why they are not met. If you can't keep a promise, you either shouldn't have made it or you should explain why you can't keep it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "william lomas" <will.d.lo...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 10:26 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] release dates that can not be adhered to

hi all

do people thinnk, as i do, that as a blind gaming community we need to not be given release dates?

take this new title, kurt wolf, from the same developer as aerik.

quote
game is out new years eve quote
we heard this about other titles in our community and when deadlines could not be adhered too, it was as though Armageddon ad come to earth.
then
quote demo uploading today quote
if someone knows this will not be the case, or the goal can evidently not be met, why not provide an update, as for example, does howard sherman of
www.malinche.net
explaining why the deadline can not be met, or, not give a date at all?

I think as blind gamers we need to accept inevitable delays, and when a game is out just announce it, provide links to demo and payment is any and go.