From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Clement Chou
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 7:38 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients News

That's just it though. I loved those games... but would the average vi gamer

who never tried it or had any mainstream game want to put in that much work?

I remember one of my friends hated mainstream games... because being totally

blind, she couldn't see the point. So one day, when me and a couple other
friends were messing around with them, I decided to make her try it... right

then it was soul calibur, which was a good start since there's only three
attack buttons you have to worry about plus a guard button. Obviously that's

without going deeper... but for a newbie, that was all it needed. So I asked

her what style she liked to play, as in if she was to fight what kind of
character would she go for? She said someone speedy, fast, and was the dart
in and then dart out again kinda character. So I picked Taki, taught her how

to move and some basic combos, and about 20 minutes into it she had us on
the run. She's not hardcore into gaming, but she'll play something every now

and then whenever we get together. Point was, all it took was to learn the
sounds and the commands, and the rest was up to her. Being so good with
tactics it didn't surprise me. But the point is... blind gamers should
realize that it really isn't so complicated. I think Yohandy is getting
frustrated with this and I can understand it. It's so frustrating to see. I
don't know who goes on the audio games forum, but this Bokura no Daibouken
game is quite the spark among audiogamers. It's a side scroller action rpg,
and it's amazing... but the catch is, it's in Japanese. And people are
asking so many questions, which is fine, until the same questions get
repeated over and over again. People haven't figured out how to choose their

speech engine, despite having been given menu instructions many, many times
over. And there are the people who refuse to play because the menus aren't
translated. While that's fair to an extent, mainstream gamers import games
all the time. Especially with the ps3 not being region-locked, many gamers
buy games exclusively released in Japan and Asia, and don't have
translations in the game.. they have to surf the web for that. And while the

story may be hard to figure out, the game is still fun. For those
interested, check out the below two topics.
Here's the official game topic:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=6813
The developer is from Japan, and he's 14 or 15... so obviously English isn't

his first language.

And here's my walkthrough. Having some command of Japanese, I can translate
some of the story. I'm not fluent, but I know enough to get the basic gist
across. I also translate menus, and give a bit more of an example of what
this game is like... this game is truly amazing for an audio game. If there
were graphics for this game, it would be an indi title worth paying at least

20 bucks for.