Players are free to mod the game as they wish, particularly since future releases will come with the language file that will allow them to modify game text. I would still protest such overt departures from the zombie theme in the original releases of Swamp, however.

And yes, we could have 200000 weapons in Swamp, but would there be much of a reason after a certain point? We already have more weapons than most games, especially audio, and they cover a wide array of specs and styles while sticking to the modern, militaristic, shooter theme. I just can't see how a bow, a crossbow, a samurai sword, a catapult, halberd, or any multitude of other weapons would fit in... heck, we might as well have magic wands and shout inanely strange phrases whilst waving said wands. One could also argue that if grenades are eventually going to be allowed, why not an rpg? A missile launcher? Cruise missiles? ICBM's? Nukes?... Justification for one thing based on the existence of another could mean that Swamp would end up being the daddy of "jack of all trades", where Swamp would be 2 gb just because of the sounds, and even then people would be wanting something else. It's a matter of drawing the line.

Originally, the axe was intended to be a knife, but... Do you really see a knife being much of a threat against a zombie? Axes can hack zombies to bits, while a knife would at best inflict a deep stab or slash wound. Even if you sever their throat and such, zombies probably don't need air, so they'd still come ahead.

Kai

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] howlers

Huh. I like that idea. That knife would definitely be an interesting addition... and you're right, probably the first time ammo was used for a close-ranged weapon in a game. and I'm not saying that axes don't exist in the modern world, just that it isn't common to find them in fps games, knives and the occasional sword tend to be more common in my 15 or so years of mainstream gaming. But the cross-genre thing is only another map idea. It's like a mod for a shooter... I remember when I used to watch my cousins play counterstrike, which was a multiplayer fps similar to swamp, actually, just with a different theme not zombies, but military. There were plenty of extra maps and mods available, one of my favorites being one that harkened back to an Ancient chinese setting, where you had to defend a Shaolin temple with various weapons like swords, staffs, and even the occasional whip chain and some unarmed martial arts combat. I guess I'm just trying to say that a shooter doesn't have to remain a shooter necessarily, but it can have optional maps and whatnot to give a different feel for whoever wants to download it. Especially since pc games have fan mods and things like what we're suggesting all the time, and most audio games tend to stay stagnant because of the lack of change like updates, expansions, whatever. Swamp is a great shooter and one I enjoy immensely, but can't play right now due to terrible panning issues... but an optional mod like that would be awesome, so when I do get back to playing it, I can have the option of playing with a map with different weapon sets depending on my mood. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shadow Dragon" <elementalult...@hotmail.com>