To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2012 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Trivia type games combined with a form of action/real-time adventure

Hi Jacob,

Well, to be honest I'm not to keen on the idea. I have seen game shows something like you describe, but I'm not really interested in that as a playable game. If I'm playing a trivia or quiz game I'm there for the intellectual game play not for any real time action.

Although, what you describe does remind me of a game show from the late 80's or so called Double Dare.On that show there was two teams of kids, maybe about twelve or so, and they'd be asked trivia questions. I forget how it worked, but if both teams failed to answer the question correctly they'd have to run through an opsticle course where they'd climb up a ladder, slide down a slide into a pool, of slime, swim across the slime pool, grab a flag, and then carry it to his or her partner before the other team did in order to get the point. It was something like that anyway. Its been too long since the show was on, but it was a mixture of typical quiz show questions and answers, and running through opsticle courses of various difficulty levels, and the only one I remember off hand clearly is the slime pool.