Hi decota.

your right there, people seem to love opposing viewpoints. I'm also always amused at the way people love explaining other people's actions with relation to something that has nothing to do with what motives they say! they're following, whether it's freudian unconsciousness, bio psychology, those ridiculous evolutionary explanations of behaviour (I love the one that assume's we're all selfish gits deep down and just want to reproduce even when we don't), or some kind of existential anxt.

It's like a black box, you put down there whatever you most like! :D.

So, to stay on topic, there are those people who charaterize roleplay as wish fulfillment, fantasy, desire to enact biological or freudian architypes or goodness knows what else, myself, i like roleplay because i find it fun! end of story!

This is however why I'm very much losing my fascination with philosophy as an academic diciplin, and why I won't be doing it as a career, because more and more rather than any sort of process of rational arguement it just seems a case of pick whichever side you like best, then join in the game on that side, rather than any actual attempt to come to a resolution of any sort, still less actually come up with anything that people will find usefull, which is indeed why i myself try to keep my interlectualizing to usefull topics like the characteristics of games, or indeed a deffinition of disability as per my phd thesis.

The most extreme example i saw of this was a couple of months ago in my department, when a guest lecturer and one of our lecturers had a very complex, hifaluting arguement about the basic treatment of moral beeings which went on for about half an hour, yet neither of them had once spoken to my dog!

Anyway, this is pretty much off topic so I'd better stop, besides, I've just written close to 1500 words in the space of an hour, so my brain is feeling a little philosophized out for today! :D.

Beware the Grue!