Good to know filfre works with some infocom titles, I just remember hereing it wouldn't do arthur and other games in the old zip format (not to be confused with compression).

Beware the grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tobias Vinteus" <tob...@algonet.se>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] several messages

I have had success with the Filfre interpreter, available from the interactive fiction archive, although the sounds in Lurking Horror and Sherlock doesn't seem to work with Filfre. I've also been able to run the latest version of Frotz for Dos in the command prompt under Windows XP. Maybe it work sunder Windows 7 too.

I know there are Windows versions of Nfrotz and Fizmo, compiled under the Cygwin framework. Those can be a little tricky to set up though, at least if you don't have som e Linux/Unix experience.