Hi, Keith,

Maxiaids should have adaptive Chess boards and black pieces identified by points on the top of the pieces. Also each piece, black and white, has a post on their underside that fits into the hole in the center of each square. The black squares are raised about a fourth of an inch.

www.maxiaids.com

I believe the Chess set was $35 or $40 last time I purchased that board from them last year.

Allen
-----Original Message----- From: Keith
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:37 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] chesss for the blind

Hi everyone.

   My nephew  (who is sighted) wants to play chess, but no one in the
family knows how to play but me, but one small issue.  I can't see.  I know
there is a way to use letters and numbers to note where pieces are, but I'm
not sure on how to do that.  Does anyone know of a site or book on
tape/audio book_ that tells how to play as a b lind person?

Thanks

Keith


---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to