From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Draconis
Entertainment
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:40 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The Dragon Answers Questions

One last point to throw out there on the demos topic.

While there's been a bit of traffic on this list about this topic, it has
come from only two or three users who feel pretty strongly about the topic.
It reminds me a lot of 2007, when we announced that we would no longer be
offering CD copies for purchases of our titles. We got a lot of email from a
small group of people saying that we would lose all kinds of sales for this,
that, or the other reason, if we didn't keep shipping out discs. In reality,
it made absolutely no measurable difference to anyone, and was a knee jerk
reaction to change.

For nearly a decade and a half, there hasn't been anything significantly
disruptive about the way in which audio games are offered. Generally
speaking, and yes of course there are exceptions, developers have offered a
demo that could be played and then unlocked for around $30-$40. We are
experimenting with a different model now, and there is bound to be those who
are uncomfortable with change.

I'm not saying this is the case, necessarily, but just as an interesting
hypothetical.if the choice, to all of you, the gamers, was between having
great games that cost $5-$15 without a demo, or games with demos that cost
$30-$40, which would you prefer?