I think of this move in this way:

I can look for groceries at the grocery store. I could look for shoes at the shoe store, or I could find both at the nearest Wal-Mart. A place where I could find issues of Audyssey Magazine, info and links to games of the type I am interested in, and an Email list dealing with those games, which is what this will be, is a good thing.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important Notice For All List Members

Hi Chris,

Rather than think of Audyssey as being different from Audiogames.net I
see it as another resource where people can obtain some of the same
information. Eventually, Audyssey may grow, have different content,
etc but primarily I see it as being a website focused on the topic of
audio games and plenty of links to other resources where further
information can be found.

For those who feel I am just reinventing the wheel do remember that
many blind and sighted may come to Audyssey not knowing about
Audiogames.net, and therefore for them some of the content may be  new
to them. I see having more than one resource where to get information
is a good thing. :D

Cheers!