Hi Shaun,

You really should try beating the game without a single cheat code. I
personally found it more rewarding.

I'll admit the temporal disturbance is difficult to destroy, but
really all you have to do is trap it in an unused room, and it will
never bother you again. There is no need to stand there pumping ammo
into it. :D

As for the Boss he is a son of a gun to take down without cheats, but
it can be done if you are a quick shot. I found certain weapons like
the laser gun are more effective in killing him faster than with the
automatic bolt gun. Although, often I switch between weapons just for
target practice. However, I kill him more often than not.