James,

    Was this on the testing server or the main one?  If it was on the testing
server, underscores are no longer allowed in names.  If you already have a name
registered, you can keep using your usual underscore, but when creating new
names it won't allow it.  Since I cleared the records on the testing server a
few days ago, you are actually creating a new character if you sign on to it
for the first time.

If none of this applies to you, please let me know and I'll look in to the
issue.

- Aprone