Greetings,

is there any reason why for the bootstrap we are still using a 1.5.8 version
of ltmain.sh that is almost 2 years old? and if that is the case, where did
that came from, as i couldn't find a match from the package with that same
version number from sourceware.

FWIW, I'd been doing `autoreconf --verbose --force --install` for the last
days with the FC6 provided autotool packages :

  autoconf 2.59
  automake 1.9.6
  libtool 1.5.22

and the generated snapshots had been working fine on the platforms I have
access to test (missing HPUX, AIX, IRIX, OSF and Darwin) successfully.

is anyone interested on testing a new libtool version and validating it on
those architectures?  what is everyone else's development platform using?

Carlo