On Tuesday 05 February 2008 02:36:35 am Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:02:03PM -0800, Bernard Li wrote:
> > BTW, anything that can be done on the Fedora 8 side?  Would it be
> > possible to "downgrade" rrdtool...?
>
> the web frontend used to look for rrdtool in the gmetad root tree by
> default as shown in the comment in web/conf.php for the RRDTOOL define
> and was only using the rrdtool from the system if configured by enabling
> that define (couldn't find when the change was done in the recent SVN).
>
> in any case, a warning about using the rrdtool binary provided with F8
> and commenting about the possibility of using another user provided version
> of it with the frontend through that setting could be added to a FAQ
> without having to resort to force a fix out into an externally provided
> package.

I've already taken in patches for rrdtool in Fedora that Tobi thought might
resolve the issue. If affected users could test 'em out to verify the fix,
I'll get a build pushed into the proper updates repo ASAP.

Test build:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/rrdtool/1.3/0.6.beta3.fc9/

(despite the fc9 tag, it'll run just fine on Fedora 8 too)

--
Jarod Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]