Marcelo Arenas Belon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:43:21AM +0530, Kumar Vaibhav wrote:
>>
>> Did You tried the latest patched Version that Bernard send on last
>> friday. A lot of memory leak fixes have been done.
>
> Vaibhav, the only memory leak fixed in the last beta was the one your
> reported.
>
> the development version (which will be 3.1.0 when released) has some more
> "memory leak" like fixes and the report from Martin might imply another one
> needs also backporting or fixing.

All of the other memory leak fixes in 3.1.0 were specific to that code base.
Although there might be something similar going on in 3.0.x.  The other memory
leak fixes dealt with the XDR functions that create and free the XDR data.
There were instances in some of the new code that I wrote where XDR data
structures were being created but not freed.  There could be similar instances
in the 3.0.x code base.  We would just have to take a closer look at the code
path that begins from process_udp_recv_channel() when a metric packet is being
read and stored by other gmond nodes.

Brad