(a bit late in my reply--sorry!)

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 04:01, Jeroen Nijhof <jeroen.nij...@sara.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when rrdtool didn't create an image caused by some error
> you get a broken image....
> I've written a small patch which checks for rrdtool error's and if found
>  it will send a transparant 1 pixel gif instead.
> Maybe instead of a transparant pixel we can greate a nice N/A image or
> something but for now this will do the job.

Thanks for the patch.

> This patch is against the latest stable release.

This will go against the development release to be included in 3.2.x.
If there is a desire, it could be backported to the 3.1.x release as
well.

One minor issue:  Internet Explorer did not support inline images
until IE8.  So this patch will not work those older versions of IE.
This could, theoretically, be an issue for some users.  According to
the W3C [1], IE 6 and 7 still count for about 25% of browser hits;
however, this number is steadily falling.

[1] http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

--
Jesse Becker