Hi Bernard,

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Bernard Li <bern...@vanhpc.org> wrote:

> Hi Ian:
>
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Ian Chesal <ian.che...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've scoured the website and the mailing list archives but couldn't find
> any
> > mention of plans to include the gmetad-python monitor daemon in an
> official
> > Ganglia release.
> > Is this on the roadmap?
> > If not, is there anything I can do to help get it there?
> > I have an interest in having a plugin-friendly gmetad daemon as part of
> the
> > official release.
>
> Thanks for the email and your interest in gmetad-python!
>
> gmetad-python will be released as part of Ganglia 3.2.0 -- we
> currently don't have an ETA yet but we're working on it (albeit
> slowly).

Okay, thanks for the update.

> I have released a tech preview of the current code in trunk that
> includes gmetad-python and sflow integration (among other new
> features):
>
> http://therealms.org/oss/ganglia/techpreview/

Is this preferable to using the HEAD of the trunk in Subversion? That's what
I've been working with thus far. Is the SVN repo not usually stable?

> You can help by testing gmetad-python and providing us with feedback.
> Specifically we are interested in scalability benchmarks (when
> comparing with original C implementation).

Is there a set of metrics your most interested in? I can certainly do a
general performance comparison, but if there's something ganglia-specific
people want to know I'm all ears.

> Please also feel free to ping the developers on Freenode #ganglia.

Ah cool. Will check that channel out.

Regards,
- Ian