Hi Ian:

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Ian Chesal <ian.che...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this preferable to using the HEAD of the trunk in Subversion? That's what
> I've been working with thus far. Is the SVN repo not usually stable?

That is essentially from HEAD.  I've just cut the code from trunk as a
"tech preview" because it's not from either the release nor
maintenance branches.  Trunk is in generally stable, but there are
times when things are broken but we try to fix them up ASAP.

The current goal is to get the last of 3.0.x maintenance release out
(3.0.8), then the 3.1 branch becomes the maintenance branch and we can
create a 3.2 release branch.  We will then work on stabilizing and
testing the code in that tree and eventually release that as 3.2.0.

> Is there a set of metrics your most interested in? I can certainly do a
> general performance comparison, but if there's something ganglia-specific
> people want to know I'm all ears.

To me, I would be most interested in CPU and memory usage comparison
between gmetad-C and gmetad-python.  Also scalability stats and
integration with rrdcached would also be interesting.

Others might have something else to add to the list.

Cheers,