        From: Arthur Polhill <mailto:lpolh...@bellsouth.net>

        To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com

        Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 10:17 PM

        Subject: [gatortalk] Re: Disheartened FSU fan

        The recent fans of the past wonderful two decades of Gator football
don't remember the origins of the chant, "It's GREAT...TO BE...A FLORIDA
GATOR!"  We chanted it with our heads up high as we walked out of stadiums
having just been handed our posteriors on the field.  It was a way of saying,
"Well, you may have won the game again, but we're still Gators and you're NOT."

        A. Leon Polhill, Gator
        Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves.