You seem to be speaking boldly today, Jay.  Good night?
 A.. Leon Polhill, Gator
Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves.. 




________________________________
From: Jay Cicone <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:56:20 AM
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Today's Gatornews from Miami Herald and 
Palm Beach Post


Point well taken. When it’s all about the money, the end is nigh upon us. I 
remember listening to countless blacked out Dolphins games in the 60’s. Maybe 
that’s why I prefer to listen to Gator games on the radio and only look at the 
TV for the big replays.
 
From:[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
Of John Vega
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Today's Gatornews from Miami Herald and 
Palm Beach Post
 
As a Gator fan, I see this point. I will still follow and love the Gators even 
if there were a total media-blackout.
 
That said, I am wholly unconvinced that it makes one whit of difference in the 
games themselves, and is more a product of coaching or administrative paranoia 
than any verifiable strategic advantage.
 
I would go further and posit that, while it will not drive away committed fans 
- of which UF has plenty - it may affect the cultivation of the next 
generation. I happily paid for late-night pay-per-view heavyweight boxing 
championships in the 90s, having grown up watching Muhammed Ali for free on 
Saturday afternoons in the 70s. 
 
When all boxing went to PPV, the next generation of fans were lost, and now, so 
is the sport. Can anyone name the current heavyweight champion of the world? 
Couldn't we all have done so 20 years ago? Heck, there was a time I could have 
names them in order.
 
I sense a decline in NFL interest as well. When tickets are too expensive to 
take your kids to the game, and a corporate mentality sucks the fun out of what 
should be a joyous game, it's not hard to predict the long term affects.
 
-Zeb
 
 
On Oct 6, 2009, at 9:25 PM, Cecilia wrote:


From: Gatornet Admin
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 6:17 PM
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Today's Gatornews from Miami Herald and 
Palm Beach Post
 
Once again, Cee and I are on exactly the same page. Weird, huh? :)
 
Randy
 
 

 

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |   
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to