Gifts from family members are allowed.

My problem with this whole situation, if true, is the selfishness of the
act.  He could have taken the $100k as soon as the game was over, no
problem.  But by taking it, if he did, before the game he basically thumbed
his nose at his teammates and made all of their preparation and sacrifice
for naught.

>From the bits I have read, it sounds like this money was not from the agent
he signed with and this agent is now 'leaking; the information out.  I am
hoping that it went down something like the agent sends a unsolicited check
for $100k, Maurkice gets it, doesn't cash it and signs with another agent.
He thinks he has done nothing wrong since he never actually took the money
and didn't sign with the agent.

In any case, while some are trying to make this look bad for Florida,
overall it is an NCAA problem and unscrupulous agents.  It does seem like
the NCAA is really trying hard to enforce it this year, so maybe something
good will come from it.  Trying to compare this situation to Reggie Bush is
laughable.  USCw never self reported and denied any wrong-doing, even when
agents and runners were allowed at practices.  Jeremy has handled this like
he has all other issues, with class and integrity.

  _____