Din mein Raja raat mein Rani!
   By: Nishant A Bhuse

June 20, 2005

Every day, some 300 Bollywood aspirants from all over India, come to Mumbai to try their luck. While many succeed, almost as many if not more, fail.

This is the story of one such aspirant, who is now making some big money in prostitution.

Lots of money

“I am a struggling actor in Bollywood since the last three years. I used to make just enough to make ends meet.

Then, I met some men who indulged in homosexuality and made a great deal of money, which intrigued me enough to want to join them,” says Raja (surname concealed)

“Din mein Raja ban ke filmon ke liye struggle karta hoon, lekin jab koi signal deta hai to raat ko rani ban ke usko khush karta hoon,” says Raja who has bagged two roles in films, which are under production.

He says he uses the extra cash for pocket money and his clients actually call him Rani.

Client base

He added, “I have spent a great deal of time with several leading fashion designers, directors (young and old), choreographers and model coordinators,” said Raja. He was shocked to find one of his favourite actors, who made a comeback as a cop in a negative role, is a homosexual.

“I was picked up in his huge Land Cruiser and taken to an isolated car park, where we had oral sex,” adds Raja who further stated that sometimes even rickshaw drivers are his clients.

Charges depend on customer

He says the charges depend on the customer. “In our profession, 40 per cent of the men are gay, while the others are eunuchs,” adds Raja.

He said that he would find it difficult to quit soliciting. “Filhaal mein mushkil hai, but if I become a known actor, I will think about it. I will be paid in lakhs for my services then,” he smiles confidently.

Cops say

“They do not have a permanent base. As and when our night patrolling teams across the city find them lingering around the city roads, we  fine them under Sections 110 and 117 of the Mumbai Police Act (indecency in public places),” says an IPS officer.

Raja’s undercover operations

Cruising zone: No base — can be spotted anywhere, either in the western suburbs or in south Mumbai.

How: References form regular clients, pimps and event coordinators or even model coordinators

Services: Oral sex, sex.

Where: Oral sex (short services) are carried out in cars or in guesthouses situated nearby on a nominal charge of Rs 200 per hour.

If the client wants full service (sex) then it’s at a three-star hotel.

Charges: If a client approaches them in a swanky car, the rates shoot up to Rs 3,000 (sex for three hours). Clients who travel in an auto, taxi or two wheelers pay Rs 300 to Rs 500 (oral sex)

Client base: From an auto driver to film personalities, models, businessmen and college students.

Age group: Between 18 and 55.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=135279

Iranian student dies, police await report

‘They did this to me.’ That was Babak Jabbari’s last statement to his Iranian translator

Express News Service

Mumbai, June 19: BABAK Jabbari (25), the Iranian student who was an interpreter to Nobel laureate Shirin Ebadi, died of cardio-respiratory failure early on Sunday morning.

The St Xavier’s College student, who had been admitted to Breach Candy Hospital on June 7 with 75 per cent burns after an alleged suicide attempt, was later shifted to Masina Hospital, Byculla.

‘‘It was unexpected since his condition was improving in the last few days,’’ said Dr S M Keswani, a plastic surgeon at Masina Hospital.

Meanwhile, the mystery surrounding Jabbari’s ‘suicide’ attempt deepened with the translator appointed by the Iranian consulate in Mumbai claiming that Jabbari said he was attacked.

‘‘‘They did this to me, they did this to me’ that’s all that he kept repeating,’’ said the translator, speaking on condition of anonymity. ‘‘I have given my statement to the Gamdevi police.’’

‘‘We have to verify the facts. Things will be clearer by Monday,’’ said Senior Police Inspector Sanjay Jadhav, adding that they are awaiting the post-mortem report from J J Hospital.

According to the Gamdevi police, Jabbari was involved in a relationship with his close friend Dr Samir Kadri, an intern at KEM Hospital.

On the night of June 7, Jabbari was at the Kadri residence, the swank American View building in Cumballa Hill.

Doctors treating Jabbari at Breach Candy Hospital him had noted that ‘‘the patient had suffered physical assault on his back and immolation didn’t appear to be self-inflicted’’.

On Sunday afternoon, as friends streamed in to offer condolences, Jabbari’s inconsolable father Mehdi, a retired school teacher, made arrangements to take the body to Teheran, Iran, for the last rites.

Jabbari is survived by his 18-year-old sister Hajar and mother Paricher.

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]