I am 100% with you. Please refer to my post about
"marraige - a liberal view" and you will find the
thinking is very similar. I wonder how only one person
reacted to that provocative post of mine, and that too
he was agreeing with me!

 Karna Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

just a thought...another opinion not expressed so far...

gays are being critisized for marraying and spoiling a girl's life. Are the
gays the only one doing this?

How many hetrosexuals spoil girls life calmly by entering into a loveless
marraige due to parental pressures,need for money,tying up two families and so
many other numerous reasons.

I am not justifying either case. But only highlighting that only the gays do
not enter a loveless marraige. In case of hetrosexuals the loveless marraige
may account for more than 50% in case of India.Just mull it over. Amongst
hetrosexuals the loveless marraige numbers must be staggering.

Again not all gays are that educated or self confident, or financially
independent or that courageous to face society by coming out or that
independent to face life alone.

Gays are also human with all their fallacies. In this discussion we are not
being practical in my humble opinion. Thetre can be no one view on gay
marraiges. Circumstances, personality of the gay, financial conditions force
many to compromise on so many issues that is against their consience . But he
has to be practical to continue with life the way he can handle it. And not all
men can handle or are capable of handling a given situation in the best/moral
way. comprmise and being practical is LIFE.

And so the gay or hetrosexual choose a path that they can handle. And in my
opinion no one has a right to pass a judgement on this unless he helps the
person to overcome or alter the conditions dictating his choice.

Am I wrong?.....

Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are removed in the digest mode.
You get one or two  digest mails  per day containing all emails, minus
pictures/attachments)

Rss feed: http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html