Karna

I never said anything about isolating the gay community from the straight community. You seem to be mixing up mail from some one else with mail from me.

Your email also indicates that you did not see well the following sentences from my earlier email which you have ostensibly replied to -

"Gays may not be the only people getting into loveless  marriages knowingly,but this is a gay list so we are bound to discuss gay people here."
"The fact that straight people do something does not justify it."

By the way, excuse me, it is your assumption that everyone here wants "gay people to be accepted and be a part of heterosexual society". What some of us want is for gay and straight people to accept each other and be part of a common society that does not go by the adjective heterosexual. That is key.

I know thats a lot to ask for and will take some if not many decades, but that has to be the goal - not "acceptance of gay freaks by normal straight people" but mutual respect between gay and straight people.

And, I do not think that standing my ground against heterosexual expectations can be called as believing in a gay ghetto - its a bit like the Hindu extreme right telling Muslims in India that they are all Hindus since Hindutva is a context, and that if they dont find this funny label sitting well on them they are free to leave !

Cheers
salil

Karna Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
....ah! so you believe in a GAY GHETTO...isolated.....that is the problem.

All what is discussed here is how gays can be accepted and be a part of the
hetrosexual society....is it not???.... then is it right to ignore the
hetrosexual part of society at all......and talk of a set of rules and laws ONLY
for gays

Salil I am sure help must have come to quite a few gays who are under pressure
to marry by society....makes you feel nice....but what about the other million
out there who have no help from the helping angels you mention....any
solution????....any suggestion... or you just want to damn them.....

---- On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Salil ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Gays may not be the only people getting into loveless  marriages knowingly,
but this is a gay list so
> we are bound to discuss gay people here.
>
>   The fact that straight people do something does not justify it.
>
>   Why do you assume that people who have written here criticizing gay men who
succumbed to marriage
> pressures, have done nothing to help someone who is under such pressure ?
>
>   Regards
>   Salil
>
> Karna Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   just a thought...another opinion not expressed so far...
>
> gays are being critisized for marraying and spoiling a girl's life.
> Are the gays the only one doing this?
>
> How many hetrosexuals spoil girls life calmly by entering into a loveless
> marraige due to parental pressures,need for money,tying up two families and so
> many other numerous reasons.
>
> I am not justifying either case. But only highlighting that only the gays do
not
> enter a loveless marraige. In case of hetrosexuals the loveless marraige may
> account for more than 50% in case of India.Just mull it over. Amongst
> hetrosexuals the loveless marraige numbers must be staggering.
>
> Again not all gays are that educated or self confident, or financially
> independent or that courageous to face society by coming out or that
independent
> to face life alone.
>
> Gays are also human with all their fallacies. In this discussion we are not
> being practical in my humble opinion. Thetre can be no one view on gay
> marraiges. Circumstances, personality of the gay, financial conditions force
> many to compromise on so many issues that is against their consience . But he
> has to be practical to continue with life the way he can handle it. And not
all
> men can handle or are capable of handling a given situation in the best/moral
> way. comprmise and being practical is LIFE.
>
> And so the gay or hetrosexual choose a path that they can handle. And in my
> opinion no one has a right to pass a judgement on this unless he helps the
> person to overcome or alter the conditions dictating his choice.
>
> Am I wrong?.....

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are removed in the digest mode. You get one or two  digest mails  per day containing all emails, minus pictures/attachments)
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rss feed: http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml