On Wed, May 1, 2024 at 11:48 PM Richard Biener
<richard.guent...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We'd only know for sure if we try.  But then I'm almost 100% sure that
> having to click in a GUI is slower than 'nrOK^X' in the text-mode mail UA
> I am using for "quick" patch review.  It might be comparable to the
> review parts I do in the gmail UI or when I have to download attachments
> and cut&paste parts into the reply.  It might be also more convenient
> for "queued" for review patches which just end up in New state in either
> inbox.

Gerritt does not require clicking in a GUI, though that is of course
the more widely used option.  Patches can be approved from the command
line.

> But then would using gitlab or any similar service enforce the use of
> pull requests / forks for each change done or can I just continue to
> post patches and push them from the command-line for changes I
> can approve myself?

Gerritt permits submitting patches from the command line for people
who can self-approve.

> Btw, for any forge like tool I'd even consider there'd be the requirement
> that _all_ functionality is also accessible via a documented (stable) API,
> aka there's command-line tooling available or at least possible to write.

True of Gerritt.

Ian