Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Ralf encountered problems on the avr and bfin during the tool
> build and has filed or updated PRs for those.

Understood, and thnanks for testing!

I should make clear that I don't see release candidates as opportunities
for general testing; they're final release candidates, not alpha
releases.  The open nature of GCC development means that testing by
stakeholders can (and should) be done well before this point.  The
testing of release candidates should be generally to confirm expected
behavior: do the results that you saw the last time you ran tests,
against an SVN checkout, match what you see today, with a release tarball?

This is in no way a criticism, or a comment on RETMS testing (about
which I know almost nothing), etc.; just a general comment, which your
message gave me the excuse to make. :-)

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell