Eric Christopher-2 wrote:

> Sounds like you're using ./configure. Are you following the directions
> at:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html
>
> -eric

Thank you, I guess I missed that page somehow.

Only I ran into the same Libc wall again, so I'm temporarily stumped:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libc.so when searching
for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libc.a when searching for
-lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libc.so when searching
for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libc.a when searching for
-lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status