Martin Jambor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

| The reason  why I believe the patch  is safe not only  in practice but
| also  in principle

However, I do not believe it is sufficient.  The reason being that
if the user does not include a header that pulls in that declaration,
then that 'malloc' attribute will be in effect.
The abstract semantics is that replaceable `operator new' functions
are implicitly declared in *every* translation unit -- and that is
what GCC does --, and you should have those implicit declarations
carry the attributes, not just the one defined in libstdc++.

-- Gaby