"Weddington, Eric" wrote:

> You're definitely the expert on this. Has MSYS always done this? Or was
> there an older version that didn't that the OP might be using?

I'm fairly sure it has been implemented like that since the beginning.

One possible reason why you might need to force cp to be used would be
if you're using Cygwin as a build environment (but with MinGW tools
first in the PATH, i.e. not using Cygwin gcc.)  In that case the Cygwin
'ln -s' would be used and would create Cygwin symlinks, but the MinGW
tools won't be able to recognise them.  But the poster said he was using
MSYS so that doesn't appear to be relevant here.

Brian