On 12/22/09, Daniel Jacobowitz <d...@false.org> wrote:
> Interesting, I knew you had a lot of Cirrus patches but I didn't
>  realize the state of the checked-in code was so bad.
>
>  Is what's there useful or actively harmful?

Neither useful nor harmful except in that it adds noise to the arm backend.
It's useful if you want to get a working compiler by applying my patches...
The basic insn description is ok but the algorithms to use the insns
are defective; I suppose it's passively harmful since until it's fixed
it just adds noise and size to the arm backend.

I did the copyright assignment thing but I haven't mainlined the code,
partly because it currently has an embarassing -mcirrus-di flag to
enable the imperfect 64-bit int support, partly out of laziness (the
dejagnu testsuite for all insns it can generate and for the more
interesting resolved bugs). Maybe one day...