On 10 Mar 2010, at 09:12, Rainer Orth wrote:

IainS <develo...@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk> writes:

that's really neat indeed - I should have spotted the potential looking at
the code in contrib
...  although the site.exp is hardwired in btest.sh at present ;
I guess one might be able to use .dejagnurc - just need to check on the
order that the files are processed.

Far easier: just set the DEJAGNU environment variable to the absolute
path to the size.exp file.  runtest knows about that.
the DEJAGNU env. var is set in btest.sh

hmm. I see that the make check would work using that neat method above...
... however,

1/ I want a different language list than the default...
2/ also some other different configure options...

I've got some local patches for btest-gcc.sh which allow just that
(e.g. support for Ada testing), which I'll submit once I'm reasonably
confident they are general enough.
OK - (but I'm happy that my local mods for this are also working).

but mainly
3/
... As I read it - btest.sh strips everything but the testname from the PASSES and FAILS files. (the awk lines that print $2 for a match of /FAIL:
/ etc.)
This means (e.g.) that if a test passes at m32 and fails at m64 I think it
will appear in both PASSES and FAILS..
...  this seems destined to result in confusion...

You can still use make mail-report.log in the build subdir to get the
complete summary; besides, there's still contrib/dg-cmp-results.sh
(which I haven't checked out yet).

contrib/compare_tests is good (I was thinking to merge the capability of that with the capability of btest.sh)
meetings today... so until later

I can't find a hardware fault -- but I'm exploring a hunch about a FBKAC ....

Iain