Mark Mitchell wrote:
I am pleased to report that the GCC Steering Committee and the FSF have
approved the use of C++ in GCC itself.  Of course, there's no reason for
us to use C++ features just because we can.  The goal is a better
compiler for users, not a C++ code base for its own sake.

Personally, I am not enthusiastic about this decision. But I know I am minority in this and I don't want to start a flame war on this topic.

I just really hope we will have strict criteria that any transition will not make compiler slower and will not increase compiler build time.