On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Diego Novillo <dnovi...@google.com> wrote:

> Now that the SC and the FSF have agreed to this, we should decide whether we
> switch and how.  So, I would like comments on the following questions:
>
> 1- Should we switch to C++?

By switch, do you using a C++ compiler to compile everything, or that some
components may be written only in C++ with sufficient care that they can be
linked with other part written in C?

> 2- What is the cost in terms of build time?

we would have to measure when we can a sizable component in C++

> 3- What coding guidelines should we use?

this is under discussion :-)

> 4- Should we make the switch during the 4.6 stage 1?

4.7?

> Questions 2-4 are predicated on the outcome of #1.
>
> We need volunteers to work on #3.

I can help with #3 -- but not if we have to rehearse old debates :-/

>  Personally, I would just use some other
> existing coding guideline that we find reasonable.

I agree.