Dave,

> Are you sure you're picking up the newest version of cyggcc_s-1.dll
> (and all the other language runtimes) that got built with the compiler,
> rather than the standard system one(s)?

How can I check that?

> You did a full "make install" and put the new $prefix/bin (if not
> using the standard prefix) at the head of your PATH?

Yes: export PATH=/opt/gcc-trunk/bin/:$PATH

> Wasn't it last time because you didn't have "--disable-sjlj-exceptions" in
> your configure command and so you ended up with sjlj-based DLLs that didn't
> play nicely with the Cygwin distro's DW2-based ones?

Yes, then it was the case. But doesn't my

    --enable-dwarf2-exceptions

already imply --disable-sjlj-exceptions? It works with gcc-4.5.

I've just updated my repo and will schedule a nightly build
of trunk with configure settings taken from the bundled gcc4
compiler from Cygwin pack in order to see what will happen.

    Best regards
    Piotr Wyderski