On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 06:36:48 +0300
Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas.bivei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/9/2 Basile Starynkevitch <bas...@starynkevitch.net>:
> > Hello Laurynas, Diego & all the list.
> >
> > A precise question about gengtype (the current trunk one)
> >
> > I have the impression that every member of the 'param_structs' variable
> > in gengtype.c (viewed as a linked list of types linked thru their next
> > field) is also a member of the 'structures' variable in gengtype.c
> >
> > Could you confirm that impression?
>
> That's my recollection too.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Do you have a more precise understanding of how
does that happen? I was not fully able to understand that. What routines are
adding to both lists?

And I am asking because I think this is the remaining bug in the
gengtype-state.c file which would effectively make gengtype state persistent.

> > Bonus question, why?
>
> IIRC, the shared data structures are created once, and just have
> incoming pointers from both these two variables. IMHO that's
> intuitive. Somebody else might have a better explanation, and if they
> do, bonus points for you if you turn it into a comment inside
> gengtype.c ;)

Cheers.

*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***