On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <i...@google.com> wrote:
> So far my best guess is that your definition is
> "warn about implicit conversions from float to double except for those
> conversions caused by default argument promotion applied to arguments
> passed to unnamed parameters."  Is that what you want?
Hypothetically i'd grok what you just wrote and answer clearly, but
i'm no language lawyer and only use compilers: I don't know.
I know what i don't want: be surprised to find unwanted
non-single-precision instructions or data in critical parts of the
binary at the far end of the tool chain. That's my definition ;)